Monday, January 25, 2010

9 months old!




Crew is 9 months old today!!! Can you believe it? We can't! It seems like just yesterday I was giving birth to him! He is growing so much everyday. We take him to the MD Thursday, so we will update his stats then.
We have started him on several new foods: Gerber puffs, yogurt, juice, and some table food such as french toast. He is a great eater! He has adjusted well to the different textures.
His new thing is that he likes to flip to his belly in the bathtub and completely submerge his head under the water. He thinks that this is hilarious and laughs even harder when mommy screams because I think he is going to drown. After trying every trick in the book from putting soap in the water to using my motherly voice~I have given up. He now sits in the bathtub in his bumbo chair and I pour the water on him with a cup. Therefore, he can't flip and swallow 10 gallons of water, even though he was enjoying it. I guess the good thing that comes out of this is that we know he is not afraid of water!
He has ALL FOUR teeth now!!! Two top ones and two bottom ones. The top ones were a toughie to pop through, but they finally did. We brush his teeth daily now (he loves this, especially at daycare after lunch when all the kids watch him get his brushed!)
He is still army crawling everywhere! We have been working on walking though. One of his other new things is to shake his head no-no. With him getting into everything we are constantly having to say no. I am not sure if this is where he picked up on this or if he got it from somewhere else. Whenever you ask him a question he shakes his head no. "Do you want to take a bath?" No-no. "Do you want to go to bed?" No-no. Yesterday he was eating fresh fruit and was throwing it on the floor. I told him no-no and explained that we don't throw our food on the floor. Then, I gave him more. He looked at me, grinned, shook his head no-no and then threw the fruit on the floor again. I couldn't help but laugh! He is also still babbling/talking quite a bit. He says mama, dada, baba, and bye bye...along with waving.
We can't believe he will be one soon. I never realized it when people would tell me how quickly kids grow. The time has already gone so fast. I just don't want him to grow up...I want my baby that loves to be held and snuggle with me all time ;) These are recent pictures (taken from my phone) of him eating and playing in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment