Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Egg"citing weekend!




















Last weekend was a busy one! Friday night we went to my Uncle John's 60th surprise birthday party at a pizza place in Chesterton. It is hilarious to go back to a place from my hometown. Before I even walked in the door I saw a guy that I knew in high school. We talked for a few minutes and then my best friend, Allison's dad, came through the door. Five minutes after we were talking a family I knew growing walked in. Its funny what a small world it is. Sometimes I miss my hometown and all the people that live there. I know it is only a 1/2 hour away, but I rarely go there unless it's for a hair appointment or to see someone. Saturday we took Crew to see the Easter Bunny. Yes, it was another Santa experience! He was the only screaming child in the place. He hated it! Once again though, it makes for a great picture. I can't help but think how I am going to post these pictures 16 years from now at his college graduation. :) We then went to Christo's for lunch. After Crew napped we dyed Easter eggs. Crew was totally into it! He loved throwing the eggs into the dye and watching them change colors. We made one egg for each person on both sides of the family:) Sunday we celebrated Easter with Matt's side of the family.




This week and next week are CRAZY in our household. Between Matt and I both having finals, I have early and after school meetings, a conference I have to attend, Easter, and of course the most important thing: Crew's 2nd birthday!!!! I am averaging 5 hours of sleep a night and sometimes I am lucky if it's that! Ugh, I am ready for April to end!




We are going to an Easter egg hunt at the fairgrounds Saturday then to breakfast with the fam. We started this tradition last year and had such a great time. Sunday we are going to church, then having lunch at my mom's. In the afternoon, all of our extended family is coming over for the annual Easter egg hunt with all the kids. It is going to be so funny especially since the boys can actually participate in it this year. Then we are have a "Dora and Diego" birthday party for Emma and Crew. We ordered a cake from Sweet Reasons Bakery with Reese's peanut butter filling. It sounded so good I placed an order up cupcakes for Crew's birthday daycare party on Monday too! This kid is going to be on a sugar high for a week with all the goods he'll be eating! :)




Matt and I are headed to take Crew to see the allergy specialist today. We are anxious for his appointment since it's a two hour test, but we are hoping to get some answers to all of our questions surrounding his breathing problems.




One last note about the little man is that he has started this new thing. The other day I walked into his room and a bunch of things were thrown on the ground. I asked him, "Who did this?" Without missing a beat he replied, "Cade did!" How in the world does a one year old understand the concept of already blaming the dog for things? Yesterday I walked into his room to grab him out of his crib. I asked him, "Did you have a good night's sleep?" He said "Daddy did!" I was like, yes, Daddy did, but did you? It is so funny the things he says-I really wonder what goes through that head of his sometimes. He is such a smart little guy!




Hope everyone has a great Easter! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment