This past weekend we laid low. It was so nice to finally have some down time and not be on-the-go 24/7. Friday night I went and treated myself to get my nails done. I haven't had them done since Crew was born~so it was nice to go pamper myself for the evening. Saturday Matt, Crew, and I ventured out to Michigan City for the day. We started by meeting Uncle Craig, Great Grandma Morris, and Gma and Gpa Schnick for lunch at Chili's. Crew loved all the attention and shared a great lunch of turkey and french fries with me. We then went to Lighthouse Mall where we found lots of adorable birthday outfits/presents for Crew. Lastly, we treated ourselves to Baskin Robbins (Crew loved daddy's Reese's peanut butter shake and my Snicker's ice cream scoop!) and a movie, Did You Hear About the Morgans. It was so nice to spend the day together. Finally, on Sunday Crew and I spent the day at my sister and parent's house. We hung out and played with the kids and my mom and I took Crew on a three mile walk. My mom then made us a delicious taco dinner and made Crew his own homemade macaroni and cheese ;) Oh how he is already spoiled...
This week has been another busy one! To begin with, Crew says two new words. His new favorite words that he has not stopped saying all week are: "uh-oh" and "ruff-ruff" (with a grunting noise). It's so funny to hear him say these things. He will intentionally throw something on the floor off of his high chair, then look at you and say uh-oh. He is such a little devil already ;) We have been working on the word dog, which he knows/associates with Cade, and we have really been emphasizing the noise a dog makes. Just this week he started to grunt/ruff when you would ask him what noise a dog makes. It is so cute!!! Alicia, his babysitter, said that he constantly talks at daycare. I think he picks up a lot of it from the other children. He is also standing and moving EVERYWHERE!!! We cannot let him out of our sight for a second...and I mean that! I learned this the hard way when I attempted to review for my grad school test an hour before it, only to find that sitting and studying is no longer an option at my house. I must either do it when he is sleeping or stay late at work for some alone time.
Last night was a rough one! Crew woke up for the first time in months during the middle of the night. For parents that have been used to their child sleeping 12 hours straight through the night since two weeks old, this is tough! As I went into his room he was standing up holding onto his crib, smiled, and said uh-oh. While in my head I was thinking uh-oh is right, what the heck are you doing waking mommy up at 12:45a.m.???, I couldn't help but laugh! He is such a little stinker! He then thought it was funny and was laughing and trying to get me to play peek-a-boo. Yes, the good mom that I am, I stayed up with him until 2:30...just hanging out. I changed his diaper and gave him a bottle...but all he really wanted to do was play, talk, and smile. I couldn't resist ;)
This weekend we are planning to shop with Gma and Gpa Rosetti while daddy plays in a golf tourney, do pictures with my sister and her kids (they all have matching Easter outfits), and go to Gma and Gpa Schnick's house for lunch on Palm Sunday. We are getting very excited for Puerto Vallarta in a week! It's currently 83 degrees there~can't wait to get a tan! ;) We also have an Easter egg hunt we are taking all the kids to, Crew's two first birthday parties, Crew's first birthday/family pictures, and a visit with my best friend, Lisa. A lot going on in the coming weeks!
This week has been another busy one! To begin with, Crew says two new words. His new favorite words that he has not stopped saying all week are: "uh-oh" and "ruff-ruff" (with a grunting noise). It's so funny to hear him say these things. He will intentionally throw something on the floor off of his high chair, then look at you and say uh-oh. He is such a little devil already ;) We have been working on the word dog, which he knows/associates with Cade, and we have really been emphasizing the noise a dog makes. Just this week he started to grunt/ruff when you would ask him what noise a dog makes. It is so cute!!! Alicia, his babysitter, said that he constantly talks at daycare. I think he picks up a lot of it from the other children. He is also standing and moving EVERYWHERE!!! We cannot let him out of our sight for a second...and I mean that! I learned this the hard way when I attempted to review for my grad school test an hour before it, only to find that sitting and studying is no longer an option at my house. I must either do it when he is sleeping or stay late at work for some alone time.
Last night was a rough one! Crew woke up for the first time in months during the middle of the night. For parents that have been used to their child sleeping 12 hours straight through the night since two weeks old, this is tough! As I went into his room he was standing up holding onto his crib, smiled, and said uh-oh. While in my head I was thinking uh-oh is right, what the heck are you doing waking mommy up at 12:45a.m.???, I couldn't help but laugh! He is such a little stinker! He then thought it was funny and was laughing and trying to get me to play peek-a-boo. Yes, the good mom that I am, I stayed up with him until 2:30...just hanging out. I changed his diaper and gave him a bottle...but all he really wanted to do was play, talk, and smile. I couldn't resist ;)
This weekend we are planning to shop with Gma and Gpa Rosetti while daddy plays in a golf tourney, do pictures with my sister and her kids (they all have matching Easter outfits), and go to Gma and Gpa Schnick's house for lunch on Palm Sunday. We are getting very excited for Puerto Vallarta in a week! It's currently 83 degrees there~can't wait to get a tan! ;) We also have an Easter egg hunt we are taking all the kids to, Crew's two first birthday parties, Crew's first birthday/family pictures, and a visit with my best friend, Lisa. A lot going on in the coming weeks!
Crew and his cousin, Emmalina (born the day before Crew) are having a joint family first birthday party. The theme is prince and princess. Joanna bought both Crew and Emma matching plush crown's and throne chairs for their birthday. This is a picture of the one she bought for Crew. Isn't she the best? How cute are they going to be? ;)
Crew eating some yummy ice cream!
Sporting his new jammies from Gpa Rosetti!

No comments:
Post a Comment