We had a great Thanksgiving and I hope you did too! We were able to spend the entire afternoon with family hanging out and relaxing. Matt's sister, Meredith, was home too, so we got to hangout with her a lot. She lives in Texas so she is rarely home.
Tuesday night I had her come over and we had a pampering party :) We dyed her hair, painted our nails, and both spray tanned ourselves. Wednesday I was fortunate enough to win a free photography session at a Marie Cross Studio in Chesterton. Since Matt and I just had family pictures done, I asked both of our parents if they would like to use the session to get pictures with the grand kids. They were so excited. Everyone did great and the session was really easy. After pictures, we all went for pizza at Gelsossomo's in Chesterton. It was so nice to have everyone from both sides of the family together.
Friday my dad and I did our annual Black Friday shopping. For years, I have spent the night at my parent's house on Thanksgiving and then my dad and I get up really early and shop. I think this year was one of our earliest years. We got up at 3a.m. and made our way over to Carson's. From there we hit up several other stores and also went to Valpo. My dad is SUCH a trooper with me on Black Friday. He makes me hot chocolate in the morning, drops me off at the door at every store, and carries my bags for me when I buy. Speaking of buying, this year I did some MAJOR damage! I don't know why?!?! Maybe it's because Crew and the other kids are now at an age where I can buy them fun things, or if I was more behind in shopping than I normally am...but I definitely got a ton! Now comes the fun part...wrapping it all! :/
Last weekend I really wanted to put up the Christmas decorations but I had a huge migraine from Friday -Sunday. It was one of my worst spells yet so moving around and whatnot was not appealing whatsoever. To my surprise however, when I got out of the bath Saturday afternoon, Matt had put up our Christmas tree and was getting all the decor out. He is such a good hubby. When Crew woke up we started to decorate the tree. Crew helped hang a few ornaments, but he was more interested in jumping on Cade's new, huge pet bed I had bought him the day before. Oh well, maybe next year?! ;)
Speaking of my migraine, yesterday Matt and I traveled down to Indianapolis for me to see a neurologist for my headaches. I have been battling headaches for years, but recently they become chronic. I can't seem to fight them off with any meds. So, my wonderful aunt who is the COO/CNO of St. Vincent Hospital in Indy, referred me to the best neurologist they had. The doctor was nice enough to squeeze me in within just two days notice and check me out. We are going to start me on a new prescription and see how that works for now. I am also going to have some blood work done at the hospital tomorrow and we'll see what those results show. Hopefully they can find something to cure the pain. It makes it so hard to function when your head is beating like a drum!
Tonight I am headed to dinner with my sister and two of our good friends from college, Lindsey and Kristin. They both just got engaged so we can't wait to see them and hear all about their fun!
This weekend we are taking Crew to Bass Pro Shop on Saturday to see Santa and do a little shopping. Sunday we have my dad's work Christmas party for the kids. It's going to be a very, very busy month for us! We have two holiday parties next weekend, I have another one the next week, and then it's Christmas! Matt and I are going to Boyne Mountain with 16 other people over Christmas. We are sooooo looking forward to skiing, snowmobiling, and relaxing! We have lots to look forward to!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment