Friday, November 2, 2012

Define Busy....

Why haven't I kept up with blogging?  I used to be so good at it and would post things daily.  I think about it often but then it seems I just never get around to it.  The answer is plain and simple.  I am busy and time is limited.

Here was my day yesterday: get up at 5:20a.m., get ready for work, get Crew up and take him to daycare, go to work all by 7:30 a.m., pick Crew up from daycare by 3:30, go to McDonald's because he demanded chocolate milk, attempt to give him chocolate milk and he then passed out in the back seat, go to bank and drive around an extra 15 minutes so he can nap but have to be home because I have a make up consultation at 5:30, go home, change clothes, run to CVS at 4:50, come back, make up consultation at 5:30, make up appointment leaves and the family decides to go to dinner at 7:00.  Finish dinner at 7:50, Matt leaves to go play poker at a friend's house, I take Crew home.  I change Crew, lay with him in my bed, put him to bed and lay with him in his bed for a half hour, then finally crawl into my bed at 10:00 to answer emails for work and read for grad school.  Matt comes home around 11:00, we talk for a half hour and watch our favorite show, X-Factor together and finally turn off the lights at about 12:30.  Crew then starts screaming "daddy" at 3:17 a.m. , we are all up again, and so today begins..........oh ya, and in case I forgot to mention, I am 8 months pregnant and this is my daily life almost seven days a week...

In the 15 minutes I was able to hold a conversation with my husband yesterday, we talked about the term "busy."  It's funny because everyone has a different perception of this word.  What I think is busy, some may not.  What others think of busy, I may not.  To me, Matt and I have a very busy life.  We are constantly on the go whether it's during the week or on the weekend.  We both work full time jobs, we both go to school full time, run a business, have a three year old, 8 months pregnant with another one, Crew's in basketball, and more...the list goes on and on.  My mom always questions why I talk to Matt 20 times a day when I am away from him-I even call him everyday at work at the exact same time- I realized today that phone conversations are some of the only uninterrupted conversations we have unless it's 11:00 at night.  Isn't that sad?  I am not sure that it is as I think more about it.....

The fact of the matter is that Matt and I choose this busy lifestyle and we love it!  We love our jobs and the people we work with, we enjoy college, work hard at it, and know that it will only advance us in our careers, we are obsessed with Crew and the munchkin in my belly hence the reason we put him in fun events such as school and basketball.  We also arranged for me to go to Mall of America with my family so I could shop for the new baby and get some "me" time in before another addition.  The make up business is BOOMING and why wouldn't I be more than grateful that it took off like it did to the point that I had to hire someone else to give business to?  We could cut things out if we really wanted to, but we don't, and it's as simple as that.  We are ok with being ships passing in the night for the time being because we can.  We still have a great, loving relationship and are able to do so much because of the support of one another.  I can't imagaine what my life would be like with anyone else and wonder if I would be given all of the blessings I have in my life.

So, needless to say, although we've been busy, I am going to try to make more of an effort to keep up with this blog and keep our friends and family informed....now off to an interview for a new school for Crew, dinner with our good friends the Penziol's tonight, two wedding appointments tomorrow, and a "Friendsgiving" get together tomorrow night..............;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment