Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lots of craziness!

Playing at Bellaboos

Mad that we woke him up to go to daycare on St. Patty's day (however how cute does he look in his personalized shirt from Aunt Amber???)

First morning of breathing treatments
Picnic party/movie night
Mommy catering to his every need ;)
BIG BOY doing the treatment all alone
More fun at Bellaboos

Ok, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the craziness that is going on and about to happen in our life.....I have not been very good about blogging and there is some reasoning behind it all...

To begin with, Friday after work I took Crew to the park. After about an hour of playing, he started to have a really hard time breathing. This is not the first time this has happened. This also occurred this past winter when Matt and I took him outside to play in the snow. I immediately brought him home, steamed up the bathroom, and set him in the tub to soak up the warm air (mind you, it was 50's when I took him outside). His breathing remained rapid and wheezy for about 40 mins. So, I called the MD and he told me to bring him in right away. They hooked him up to the oxygen machine and he registered low. So, they put him on a nebulizer. This seemed to help. We bought the breathing machine, along with medicine for it. They also put him on a steroid shot for five days. We had to give him breathing treatments every four hours Friday-Sunday. We went back to the MD yesterday for a follow up. They said to continue treatments before going outside to play to open up his lungs, and then again if he would become short of breath once outside. I am not a huge fam of the nebulizer only because it makes Crew SO HYPER!!! He seriously goes nuts. I was not 100% satisfied with their response and not being able to tell me exactly what was causing this, although they think it's allergies. So, we are taking him to an allergy specialist in April. Crew is already on two allergy meds besides the breathing treatments and steroid and I do not want to just keep pumping my child with drugs and if they cannot tell me exactly what is wrong. So, I think seeing this allergist we were recommended to will help. We are trying to stay positive until then and we're doing things like keeping a food journal of what he's eating and when we go outside to see if we can determine what is causing all of this.

Besides the chaos Friday night, things settled down the rest of the weekend. Saturday I cleaned house then went and did some shopping all by myself. It was nice to get out. I then picked Crew up after nap and we went to Valpo and shopped with my parents. We also met my MIL Belinda over there so she could see him. Both sets of our parents were so sweet to Crew with what happened Friday night. They each bought him Dora/Diego books and toys as a get-well gift. He has not put either one down since. I must say Matt and I have felt bad for the little guy as well and have been catering to his every need (as if we didn't already ;) We put a TV/DVD in his room so we can play in there now and watch videos. Daddy surprised him with a new Dora/Diego Pirate video yesterday. And, the sucker that I am, I even set up a picnic in his room last night so we could eat dinner and watch the new video together while Daddy was at school. I must say it is more convenient so there are not 1,000 toys spread out all over the living room, however I only let him have limited time on it as I do not want him to become addicted to the tv.

Sunday we went to a birthday party at Bellaboos. Crew had such a great time playing with all the kids and celebrating Alex's 3rd birthday. It was Matt's first time there and we are already planning a trip back. It is such a great, safe place for kids Crew's age to play. I also went to a spa party Sunday afternoon and ordered some all natural products that I am anxious to use.

I also finalized my spring break plans last week. My bff Vanessa and I are flying to California for a week. We are looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing, to be honest! We just want to relax and lay out in the sun the entire time! I can't wait to get away for a week. I definitely need it!
Lastly, can I just tell you how busy things are starting to get for us? First we have Crew's birthday next month, then Matt's birthday in May, then my cousin's graduation in Indy...then starting in June the real craziness begins! I sat down with Matt last night and made our calender of events. We have six weddings beginning in June. This also means six showers, six bachelorette parties, six bachelor parties, and a baby shower to plan and throw...that doesn't even include the fact that my parents just bought a lake house and are closing this Friday (yay!) that we want to visit a lot, and we are both in school this summer. Ugh, I am exhausted just writing that all! Lots of fun and exciting things happening but we are going to be very busy!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend an allergist! We had such problems with Peytonn last Spring. I kept taking him to his regular doc and they kept giving us new meds that wouldn't go anything. It was such a relief to know exactly what he was allergic too and get him on the right meds that help take care of the problem. We've since switched regular doctors. Goodluck!!

    ReplyDelete