Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday parties and the Shedd Aquarium












We had a very busy weekend! It actually started out Thursday night when I was over at grad school in South Bend. I began to have some very bad pains in my lower back and abdomen. I was alone working on my laptop and couldn't call for help. I broke out in a sweat and was able to lay down until my partner came (about 20 minutes). I told her I needed help. I felt paralyzed from my waist down. It was seriously the worst pain I've ever had. WAY worse than labor!!! The EMTs came and checked me out. My pulse was high but that was most likely due to the passing out/pain. Long story short I went to the MD Friday and I had an infection that became the size of a ball go from one part of my body into my bladder. The ball erupted in my bladder, thus causing the severe pain. Upon looking at xrays and a urine sample on Friday, the MD determined I needed to be on an antibiotic for the infection and pain pills to calm my bladder down because it was still enlarged from the pain. Whew, am I glad they were able to determine what it was because I do not want to go through that again! The chances of that happening again are very slim; so I am praying it never comes back!

After my three hour doctor appointment, I came home to a full house. We had Gma and Gpa Schnick, Great Grma Schnick, and Uncle Craig over for Gpa Schnick's birthday. We enjoyed yummy lasagna and pizza. Crew was hilarious helping Gpa open presents. He could care less about the cards~he just wanted the good stuff! :) Saturday we went to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago with Gma and Gpa Schnick. It was such a beautiful day out! We got there in plenty of time to get in line with a very little wait. We looked at all the fish and went to the dolphin and Dora show. Crew loved it all! We want to visit the other museums this summer! Saturday night was our good friend Jeff's 30th birthday. Since we didn't have a sitter, Matt let me go out for the night and he stayed home with the baby. My sister and Justin picked me up and we went out to meet everyone at Gino's East. It was such a fun night! We had a great time celebrating Jeff's birthday. Yesterday Matt and Crew hung out at the house since Crew is still battling a cold. I ran to Lighthouse Mall alone for a couple hours and did some MAJOR damage. I couldn't help it!!! All of the new spring clothes are out and I went crazy! Haha! Oh well, I haven't shopped in weeks so I needed it! ;) Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment